Friday, January 06, 2006

Merry Christmas!!

Okay, so it's a couple weeks late, and I haven't posted anything in a while, but I'm excited about getting my pseudo-Christmas present from my parents. I say pseudo because it started with me being dumb, and now things are worked out (well, 80% anyway).

So I asked for a Sirius radio, and I put a Sirius boombox on my Amazon wishlist...that's right, a boombox, not a receiver...a boombox that requires a receiver that is next to IMPOSSIBLE to get because it's rarely sold anymore. Well, after nearly purchasing off of the Amazon marketplace, then actually placing an order on Buy.com, THEN seeing that it's not available from the manufacturer, I finally got fed up and went to Best Buy on my way home from work. Well, wouldn't you know, they had one Starmate Replay in the store, as well as the home kit, and lo and behold I bought it (only get a $20 rebate as opposed to the $50 rebate available on the Audiovox model). Thanks to the guy who didn't pay attention to the salesman, thus allowing me to swipe the radio off of the shelf. I think I said "Yoink!"

I've hooked it up at home and it works great. I'm actually getting reception off of the terrestrial repeaters, but I'll try putting the antenna on the deck tomorrow morning...it helps that my apartment faces west and I'm about 25 feet off of the ground. Listened to some classic rock, but found my way to the Indie/College Rock station and have heard two new (to me, which is hard) GOOD songs already (Goldfrapp and Stars). Funny that the wife is dead asleep on the couch.

The big question is whether I will listen to Howard Stern on Monday morning. Umm...yes. It's not the only reason to get it, though (given how horrendous the NFL announcers are...I'll take local drunken broadcasters any day). The main challenge won't be Stern's taste, but me waking up at 0600 to hear him.

Add Broken Social Scene and Futureheads to the playlist...good stuff.

1 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger Rick Anderson said...

About time you posted something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home