Saturday, January 28, 2006

Friday Night Revue

I'll let JC write up the food on her blog. I'll review the movie.
Wedding Crashers: The funny parts are funny, and the rest of the movie is just a draaaaaaaaaggg. The middle of the movie resorts to unnecessary schtick in order to get laughs (a la Ben Stiller chasing the cat in Meet the Parents). The main story revolves around Owen Wilson trying to steal Rachel McAdams away from the guy from Alias. You know, we used eyedrops to send a kid to the bathroom in 7th grade...funny how screenwriters would think grown men use it to win over the hearts of a good-looking girl. Vince Vaughn is far more entertaining and the crazy girl that's after him (Isla Fisher) is hilarious. Will Ferrell's cameo at the end is OK at best (MA!!! MEATLOAF!!!). So all in all, if there's a highlights video, catch that...don't sit through all 2 hours. I give it 2.5/5 stars (rounded to three in the Netflix star whole number system).

Good soundtrack though (Flaming Lips, Jimmy Eat World, Death Cab for Cutie).

3 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Curt Sawyer said...

I moved that movie up on our list before I read your review and I think it is already on the way. But since the Alias guy in on Cheryl's list we'll probably still see it.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Curt Sawyer said...

I meant "is on" not "in on".

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Nevkil said...

Hey don't forget the Guster/Kweller collaborative song on there. Though big fans of both love that song, it somehow isn't my fave..like at all?

-k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home