Thursday, February 23, 2006

With a Health System Like This...

it's amazing that anyone is still alive. I've been suffering headaches for the past four days and took today off in the hope of seeing a doctor, ANY doctor, to get some good medicine. Two neurologists...sorry, wait until mid-March. My primary care physician...sorry, wait until Monday. I'm sick TODAY.

Only option left is to go to express care at the hospital. Got in, got seen by triage, registered, probably all within 15 minutes. TWO HOURS LATER, I'm still sitting there. A baby is hollering in my ear, Oprah's on the TV talking with sex addicts (and I'm sorry, but if Oprah can say "and then the man ejaculated in your face" and not get fined, what the hell)...just all types of unpleasantness. Then a nurse comes out and says that the ER is full of "very sick people," so I guess I don't qualify as such, and therefore should just go home and die. Which is what I did after she said that the wait would be "within the hour and a half." I'm sorry, I won't wait 3.5 hours for some ass ER (sorry...it's ED, it's not just a room) doctor to give me ibuprofen and send me home. No thanks.

So I'm left to over-the-counter medicine, will probably get charged a co-pay for no work, and I'm just a little f'ing furious.

How's your day been?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home