Sunday, May 14, 2006

Farewell, Oh Weekend

Yeah, Happy Mother's Day to you too!

This weekend has been awash in excitement...We saw Pinback on Friday night at Black Cat, and it was an awesome show. I first got into the band over a year ago (went through a brief obsessive period), and have heard about a million bootlegs of their shows. But man, it was another thing to see them actually perform their stuff. For those not familiar with their sound, the rhythms are primarily driven by the bass, with keyboards and guitar accompanying. Zack Smith, their bass player, is amazing and his style kind of reminds me of old Cliff Burton videos that I watched when I thought Metallica was cool...okay, so I still have Cliff 'Em All, but I don't have a VCR to watch it on (true statement)...back to Pinback. They played a long set, about 20 songs, and my appetite was satiated. I even bought a robot t-shirt.

Something always amazes me at shows these days, and on this night, the number of just absolutely plastered people blew my mind. Everyone was drunk! Apparently JC had some beer spilled on her Diet Coke shirt, and you DO NOT mess with that shirt! We did our traditional pre-encore move to the back of the room, but I think if anything, people were just more plastered back there. For some reason, it was just strange, aight?

Let's skip over Saturday, as I was either awake or asleep for the majority of the day, and not much is noteworthy beyond that.

Today, I played a lot of NCAA 2006 Baseball on XBox. It's a great game, and I've started a dynasty with my beloved Yellow Jackets. However (and there's always a however), the disk is messed up (possibly scratched, possibly manufactured by Canadians) and twice crashed my game at key junctures. So it has to go back, and hopefully Best Buy's lovely customer service staff will allow for an exchange.

This week starts a two-week stretch with lots of travel, so probably not much blogging for a while. Hopefully you find something else to do with your time, like this.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Scott M. Collins said...

Looks like you weren't the only one at the Pinback show: DS

I hope all is well - take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home